Key Stage 4
BTEC Travel and Toursim
Exam Board: Edexcel
Unit 1: The UK Travel and Tourism sector
This unit is an introduction to the main types of tourism in the UK and the different component industries that make up the UK travel and tourism sector. This is assessed through an examination.
Unit 2: UK Travel and Tourism destinations
This unit requires students to investigate the different types of UK destinations and customer types. This is internally assessed through an assignment.
There are a further two optional units to be studied. These units, listed below, allow students to learn more about specific aspects of the travel and tourism sector:
- The Development of Travel and Tourism in the UK
- International Travel and Tourism
- Factors Affecting Worldwide Travel and Tourism
- The Travel and Tourism Customer Experience.
Through studying this qualification, all students will gain:
- An understanding of UK Travel and Tourism importance
- A wider appreciation of the nature of industries within the travel and tourism sector
- A range of skills and personal attributes in working life
All four elements (1 examination and 3 internally assessed assignments) are worth 25% of the overall qualification.